Nutrition and Diabetes Education offers consultation for a variety of conditions including:
- Cancer (especially during chemotherapy and radiation therapy)
- Diabetes Diabetes Mellitus Type I & II Gestational Diabetes
- Insulin Resistance Pre-Diabetes Mellitus
- Food Allergies and Sensitivities
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Heart Disease Coronary Heart Disease Congestive Heart Failure High Blood Pressure High Cholesterol High Triglycerides Metabolic Syndrome
- Immunologic Disorders
- Kidney and Liver Disease
- Migraine Headaches
- Vegetarian Diets Weight Management Wellness & Fitness
Typical consultations consist of a first hour-long appointment followed by two half-hour appointments. During these appointments, nutritionists work one-on-one with patients to set up an individualized treatment plan based on their conditions and needs.
The Nutrition and Diabetes Education Department is also available to work with inpatient dietitians to coordinate and continue care on an outpatient basis. In addition, the Department works to provide a continuum of care from inpatient to the outpatient setting.